VOICEBOX

[Via Email] “So my favourite song by Treble Charger is ‘Red’, right? And that was by Bill Priddle and not Greg.
And when Priddle left I started hating TB. According to wikipedia, Bill Priddle identified with Treble Charger’s early indie rock direction rather than the later pop-punk, and left the band in 2003. Initially, it was said he was taking a break from the group, but it later came out the departure was permanent, and Nori had asked him to leave sooner than Priddle had intended. He told Chart: ‘I was always into music for music’s sake, when it got all corporate and about gimmicks and imaging and wearng the right clothes and having the right lingo, that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. we had a market of 16-year-old kids and we had to try to guess what our fans wanted. Which is really the opposite of where I was coming from. I’ve always thought the best music was, obviously, done by people that did music for themselves.’ However, Priddle continues his collaborations with Broken Social Scene and is a member of his new band The Priddle Concern. So there you have it. That’s why old Treble Charger is better, because Priddle was the actual musician.”


“Today I was in the McDonald’s drive-thru and the car behind me fucking rear-ended me. Our cars were okay, but come on. She was texting, too, that’s why she bumped me. So, basically, don’t text and drive. I don’t want to fear for my life when I go for McDonald’s. “




“Ska is awful. I hate ska.”
 
[Me too! -Giles]

Enjoy it? Share this on Facebook

Comments

 
© 2011 The Capilano Courier. phone: 604.984.4949 fax: 604.984.1787 email: editor@capilanocourier.com