Voicebox



“I think the Tim Hortons people hate me. I mean, they
probably hate everyone. But I feel like they specifically hate
me. I order the same thing every day and I feel stupid about
it. Okay? I feel stupid about it. I’m sorry, Tim Hortons em-
ployees.”


“Everyone should submit to the Liar by October 30th. Send
stuff to liarcollective@gmail.com. We put up a bunch of
posters but they are bad.”
[Ha! They sure are. -Ed.]


“The North Shore Youth Safe House is looking for volun-
teers. We need a new Mr. or Mrs. Capilano U! Contact
Wendy at (778) 227-7302 or sailing_flute@hotmail.com.
Thanks.”


“I don’t know why people care anymore about the Dalai
Lama. I know it’s considered trendy to attend to the author-
ity of a big pimpin spirit daddy for everything from happi-
ness to foreign policy, but isn’t this just a manifestation of
patriarchy and hierarchical submission? I mean, what can a
celibate monk tell me about relationships? He has never had
one, but he has been pretty clear about his finger-wagging
on shagging, oral sex and masturbation. He’s like a uni-
corn... only applicable to virgins and Harry Potter people.”
[This was sent via email... that’s why it’s so articulate. -Ed.


There are now more ways than ever to have your opinion
heard via Voicebox. You can email voicebox@capcourier.
com, phone (604) 984-4949 (ext. 5), or simply come find our
opinionation station on Tuesday afternoons in the birch caf-
eteria. We’ll record your opinion, no matter how relevant or
informed. And please, don’t be shy. We’re asking for your
opinion… We’re not asking to watch you pee.

Enjoy it? Share this on Facebook

Comments

 
© 2011 The Capilano Courier. phone: 604.984.4949 fax: 604.984.1787 email: editor@capilanocourier.com